- Auburn, Alabama, United States
- Engineering and design
Do you enjoy using your mind and applying knowledge to create, evaluate and improve designs from product concept to completion? Does communication, teamwork and quick decision-making sound attractive to you? Then you have found your match in Premier Tech, a manufacturer of conventional and robotic palletizers, conveyors and stretch hooders!
We are on a growth curve at our Montgomery, Alabama facility and we are looking for talented controls engineer to join our team!
Your future team
At Premier Tech Systems and Automation, we enhance our clients’ manufacturing facility efficiency by integrating innovative and high-value systems leveraging the full potential of robotics. We are among the largest conditioning, handling, and packaging automated equipment suppliers in the world — whether for nutrition, agriculture, organics or industrial products.
Your future role
- Create software designs and develop various systems
- Find software solutions to optimize equipment
- Work with advanced PLC, HMI, Vision Systems and robotics such as FANUC
- Visit and train at our manufacturing facility in Canada
- Travel occasionally within North America to our customer sites to assist with equipment installation or troubleshooting
- Be located at our facility in Montgomery, AL
- Two-year technical or a four-year college degree in the fields of industrial controls, electrical engineering or computer science — or equivalent experience in related engineering field
- Experience in industrial controls and system integration with a strong focus on software design or programming
- Passion for programming PLC, HMI, and FANUC robots
- Proficiency with Rockwell PLC Programming, Rockwell PowerFlex and Kinetix Drives
- Knowledge of servo design and development as well as troubleshooting of advanced motion control systems such as Rockwell Kinetix — an asset
- Knowledge of the industrial network protocol EtherNet/IP
- Ability to multitask and shine under pressure
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone played in it. It is about growing together, being confident and accomplishing a little more every day.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together.