- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Leadership and management
As a manufacturing director, you will work closely with the operations director and vice-president of operations to develop an operations strategy. This multi-year strategy should embrace the concepts, principles and philosophies of lean manufacturing to drive world class operations and manufacturing techniques.
Your future team
At Premier Tech Systems and Automation, we enhance our clients’ manufacturing facility efficiency by integrating innovative and high-value systems leveraging the full potential of robotics. We are among the largest conditioning, handling, and packaging automated equipment suppliers in the world — whether for nutrition, agriculture, organics or industrial products.
Your future role
- Play a key role in obtaining planned results and helping to maximize the long-term value delivered from the Salt Lake City facility
- Assure company's competitive position, business growth objectives and overall financial performance
- Work closely with the team to introduce contemporary operational practices and help create high performance and leadership-oriented work teams
- Identify solutions and plans of actions to reduce our manufacturing costs, lead times, and eliminate bottlenecks
- Select, train, and develop team members to maximize individual performance
- Ensure daily compliance and responsibility for health, safety and environmental regulations and policies
- Authorize expenditure, budget management and resource allocation to meet operational targets, maintaining continuous alignment to site P&L commitments
- Collaborate with Engineering and Continuous improvement teams on optimizing facility layout, design, and continuous improvement of all visual management systems
- Degree in engineering — mechanical, industrial or manufacturing — or operations management — or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Seven years of progressive management experience in a key leadership position and driving multi-cross functional teams, fostering team synergy and focused alignment
- Sheet metal fabrication and mechanical assembly working industry experience — required
- Experience in areas such as material sawing, plasma and laser cutting, NC punching, bending, machining, welding and paint — strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills, along with excellent presentation and influence skills
- Ability to build effective partnerships with internal and external suppliers and partners
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing philosophies, operations, processes, and related technologies
- Demonstrated competence in lean manufacturing methodologies and continuous improvement systems — Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Kaizen
- Excellent understanding and the ability to manage capital and expense budgets
- Personal computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft applications and general ERP systems
Do these words spark your interest?
leadership, change management, strategy, manufacturing
Want to learn more? Don’t wait any longer. You are one click away from a propelling career.