Senior Electrical Controls Engineer
- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Engineering and Design
Do you enjoy providing solutions to complex problems? Or maybe even leading others towards the same?
Premier Tech is a global leader in packaging equipment manufacturing present in more than 50 countries. We are seeking a senior electrical controls engineer to join our team at our Salt Lake City facility where Innovation is at the heart of our concerns. Our goal is to continue to meet the needs of our customers in the most creative way possible.
What means being a senior electrical controls engineer at Premier Tech?
- You will assume complete responsibility for technical details relating to the electrical design, control, and system integration of large, complex, custom, automated material-handling systems. You are able to perform thorough engineering analysis of complex problems and to proactively implement solutions. You can provide overall system solution perspective and manage several projects concurrently, requiring cross-functional leadership and strong time management skills. You will keep track of the Electrical Engineering team’s cost, schedule, and quality of engineering deliverable content.
- You will drive the standardization within the Electrical Engineering team relating to component selection, design best-practices, documentation. You will develop standards for programming of PLC’s and robots consistent with Premier Tech protocol. You possess “bottom line” results orientation for both customer and Premier Tech.
- You will drive the development of standardized Bill of Material to be used as a planning tool in the design of System Controls for custom automated systems, with the objective of reducing engineering time requirement and reducing cost and associated lead time.
- You will own the development of System Integration Document — SID — that defines the controls concept, intended method of operation, and communication interface of automated systems. As required, you will interface with suppliers and other technical personnel in the development of the SID to define the scope of supply and control logic between various suppliers of equipment in large integrated automated systems.
- You possess strong communications skills. You interface effectively with customers, co-workers, suppliers to understand the complete needs of the application and to resolve concerns. You handle stress in a professional manner, which demonstrate your ability to effectively interact with others.
- You will provide direction and technical leadership to less experienced engineers and electrical designers — drafters. You will verify the quality of the final customer solution, review the equipment layouts and approve electrical schematic drawings, Bills of Material, Operating Manual documentation, interconnect diagrams, wire lists, etc. for accuracy and completeness. You will apply lean principles to workflow and project management for process improvements.
- You will develop control systems utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers — PLC, Human Machine Interfaces — HMI, industrial robotics, sensors, actuators, motors, etc. You will develop control logic concept in coordination with Mechanical Engineering team. You will write or direct the development of the programming code used in the automation of industrial material-handling systems.
- You will investigate the root cause of problems or the cost reduction opportunities for quality solutions. You will provide creative solutions to problems.
- You will complete the final testing and the performance validation of automated systems to assure that intended objectives are achieved. You will perform Factory Acceptance Test — FAT and Site Acceptance Test — SAT equipment demonstrations, as required.
- You understand and abide by sound design-for-manufacturability principles. You will work proactively with manufacturing to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- You will provide technical input during risk assessment process, considering implications of machine configuration to operation, safety, ease of use., etc. You will recommend and implement risk mitigation plans, as appropriate.
- You will prepare cost estimates for use in special project quotations. You will assist in the development of machine specifications.
- You will provide technical input to R&D program relative to electrical engineering, control, and automation. You will perform detailed research and design. You will assist with the preparation of business case proposals for new product development and product continuous improvement.
- You will establish partnerships with suppliers and internal resources within Premier Tech global corporation. You will present technical solutions to Engineering, Marketing and Sales teams, as well as customers.
- You are willing and able to travel to customer locations, as required, to conduct FAT and troubleshoot technical issues. The travel requirement estimated at less than 20%.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this role for you?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a closely related discipline.
- You have between 7 and 15 years of related industry experience. A previous background of technical team leadership is required.
- You have experience in selecting and utilizing PLC, HMI, actuators, sensors in industrial automation applications.
- You have experience in programming PLC’s—Allen Bradley/Siemens—and robots — Fanuc — in industrial automation applications.
- You have experience with AutoCAD Electrical — preferred.
- You have the proven ability to manage multiple, concurrent, large custom projects within compressed delivery timeframe expectations.
- Your DNA is made of resourcefulness and drive.
Ready to make a difference? Apply online today, we simply can’t wait to meet you!
Learn more about your future team:
At Premier Tech Systems and Automation, we integrate innovative systems leveraging the full potential of robotics. We are among the largest conditioning, handling, and packaging automated equipment suppliers in the world.
Your future work environment:
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. Here, we celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, being confident and accomplishing a little more every day.