Ecological Technician — Summer Term
- Carrot River, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Students and Graduates
Looking to round out your post-secondary education with hands-on field work in the Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan area? Here is the ideal summer project opportunity for you!
The purpose of this summer project is to perform various environmental monitoring and data collection measures with the goal of caribou habitat enhancement. For this project, we are seeking two summer team members that are enrolled in post-secondary environmental-related programs. One position is for a student nearing the completion of their education, or who has just completed it. The other one is for someone in the 1st or 2nd year of their program.
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is known as a North American leader in the production of peat-based growing media. Specifically targeting the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we excel through our coast-to-coast production and distribution network. Are you ready to take on this challenge?
Working on this summer project with PT means:
- Travelling to various sites to ground truth old logging roads. Collecting ecological data on forest composition and tree density. Documenting drainage types and doing some exploration.
- Compiling and recording the collected data.
- Performing data analysis, as required.
- Maintaining clear and concise records.
- Operating and maintaining water quality testing instruments.
- Working safely every day along with keeping the safety of yourself and others at the forefront.
Is this role for you?
- You are a true team player but you are also proactive and can work all by yourself.
- You possess a valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- You are physically fit as you may be walking in bush. Speaking of which, you are not afraid to work long hours.
- You are knowledgeable with the Saskatchewan ecosite classifications — an asset.
- Your botanical knowledge always impresses. This is a considerable asset!
- You are able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and you place a high value in safety.
- You are experienced or have received training in bear or wildlife awareness — an asset.
- You can operate ATV’s — preferred.
- You are a post-secondary student currently enrolled in a forestry, ecology or related program seeking a field related project to enhance your education.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
If you are ready to take on this exciting opportunity, please bring your drive, ambition and talent to Premier Tech, and let’s partner together!