Human Resources Business Partner
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- WFH Flexible
- Organizational Development and Talent
As Premier Tech nears its 100th anniversary, we are looking, as always, to the future. A future where we will continue to discover new ways to make a difference in the life of people, businesses and communities. One where we focus on feeding, protecting and improving our world. Part of that future could involve you!
Our Organizational Development team is growing, and we are adding a Human Resources Business Partner for our central region. Reporting to the Organizational Development Manager, this passionate, seasoned and results-oriented HR Business Partner will be responsible to support and partner with the operational leaders in Manitoba, Ontario, Minnesota and/or Virginia as they aim to successfully execute corporate initiatives and deliver business results while creating top performing teams. Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this new team member will be teleworking for now and could be based out of Ottawa, St. Isidore, Montreal, Winnipeg or the Steinbach area.
Being a HR Business Partner at Premier Tech means that you will:
- Effectively execute Organizational Development programs and processes, which will positively impact performance management, team member development and engagement, labour relations, learning and development, disability management and health and safety.
- Collaborate with leaders and team members to improve work relations, build positive team spirit and increase productivity and retention.
- Act as a first point of contact for internal clients and collaborates with our centre of excellence teams (ex: Payroll, Learning and Development, Talent Attraction, Compensation and Benefits, Labour Relations, Health and Safety and Disability Claims Management) to ensure plans, programs and practices are aligned in support of the achievement of the business goals.
- Assist with full cycle recruitment and support the integration of new or promoted team members.
- Work closely with hiring managers to develop strategies and implement effective methods to source and hire the right talent.
- Participate with the talent review and succession planning processes to ensure talent is available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility.
- Identify learning and development needs and facilitate workshops on various topics.
- Deploy and support Organizational Development approaches such as the annual performance appraisal and salary review process.
- Be a role model when it comes to our Values and Culture — Vision, Innovation, Teamwork, Agility and Execution — and inspire others.
- Partner with site leaders to communicate and implement Premier Tech approaches, guidelines, strategies and programs.
Is this role for you?
- You have a post-secondary education in either Human Resources, Labour Relations, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of experience, education and relevant training.
- You have five years or more of proven work experience as a Human Resource Business Partner in a multi-site, unionized manufacturing environment.
- You are capable and skilled in speaking, reading and writing both in English and French.
- You can build trust and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- You consider yourself a proactive, results-oriented professional who can work independently within a team mindset.
- You are a self-starter with the drive to deliver exceptional results with an ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple activities.
- You are an effective communicator with strong analytical, organizational and influential skills and a commitment to providing quality services to your clients.
- You have earned the CPHR designation or are working towards it.
- The Microsoft Office Suite, ATS and HRIS software hold no secrets from you.
- You are comfortable working virtually and have a home office to support this type of work.
- Your schedule allows occasional travel to various sites (Note: currently, due to the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, travel is very limited).
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, and value the contribution that everyone made through the process.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together.
Premier Tech is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting diverse and inclusive teams that are free from all forms of discrimination. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.