Automation Support Technician
- Montgomery, Alabama, United States
- Sales, service and client experience
As a team member in our Technical support team, you will develop expertise in Premier Tech Systems and Automation’s equipment, guiding our customers through troubleshooting challenges and recommending solutions to improve their uptime.
Your future team
At Premier Tech Systems and Automation, we enhance our clients’ manufacturing facility efficiency by integrating innovative and high-value systems leveraging the full potential of robotics. We are among the largest conditioning, handling, and packaging automated equipment suppliers in the world — whether for nutrition, agriculture, organics or industrial products.
We believe that providing customers with high-quality, innovative equipment is the first step. We then deliver the Premier Tech difference through our 24/7 world-class Technical support team.
This role will be an onsite position at our newly built Montgomery, Alabama USA hub.
Your future role and responsibilities
- Troubleshoot issues encountered by customers and service technicians and identify solutions
- Program various modules intended for customers’ equipment
- Provide clear explanations of how our products work, to maximize customer utilization
- Make technical recommendations to customers to assist in the preventive maintenance of their equipment
- Monitor the status of requests from customers and service technicians
- Maintain various documents and databases, ensuring efficient management of technical information
- Monitor and interpret various performance indicators to optimize our processes and improve our service
- Connect remotely with customers to resolve problems relating to industrial programming
- Initiate support ticket and document each step in Salesforce
- Collaborate and act as a liaison between customers and different teams, such as Parts and Sales, to best meet the customer’s needs
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Degree in automated systems, mechatronics, electromechanics, electrical engineering, industrial automation, controls engineering, or instrumentation engineering
- Experience in PLC troubleshooting
- Ability to work with and interpret electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components and schematics
- Knowledge of CRM or ticketing system, Salesforce — a plus
- Ability to communicate technical information in an accessible manner to clients
- Knowledge of industrial safety principles
- Good communication skills — ability to discover customer needs and serve them well
- Proven work experience as a field service technician, experienced equipment start-up tech, or similar
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley products and FANUC robots
- Desire for continuous growth opportunities
- Excellent time management skills
- Technical support operates 24/7, including scheduled rotations outside of regular business hours.
Are these words meaningful to you?
mechatronics, PLCs, automation, robotics, customer service
Do your eyes light up when you read about this great opportunity? Apply now, we look forward to receiving your application!