Health and Safety Advisor
- Olds, Alberta, Canada
- Organizational Development and Talent
If you have the ability to build relationships across a large enterprise and want the opportunity to use your collaborative leadership and interpersonal skills to influence safety related outcomes and foster a safety culture in a complex organization… then this may be your new ‘work home’. Please keep reading!
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers (“PTGC”), is known as a North American leader in the production of peat-based growing media. Specifically targeting the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we excel through our coast-to-coast production and distribution network. We are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join our team and who can support multiple sites in western Canada and the US.
Along with your Health and Safety team, you will partner with Business Units to support and implement our safety program.
Here’s the proposed challenge:
- Develop, implement and steward effective and efficient safety systems, processes and tools for managing H & S risks and hazards at our worksites;
- Collaborate with a team of safety professionals to effectively integrate safety barriers, controls and practices across the enterprise;
- Support and consult the site leaders in all safety related aspects;
- Conduct positive interventions, site inspections, audits and assist with investigations and recommend corrective actions;
- Audit initiatives to ensure that newly identified risks, hazards or behaviors are effectively managed;
- Support and deliver safety orientations, training and coaching;
- Participate in joint health and safety committees;
- Promote a culture where safety is a key value;
- Be an example of what working safely looks like, while keeping the safety of yourself and others at the forefront!
Is this role for you?
- You’re a true team player, with 5+ years of related experience;
- You hold a post-secondary education in an Occupational Health and Safety related discipline;
- You understand OH&S Acts, Regulations and Codes (primarily AB, BC, and Minnesota, with willingness to learn about other provinces and US states);
- You have strong collaboration skills that enable you to build strong, positive relationships across diverse groups, with the ability to work both independently and within a team framework;
- You can effectively communicate both verbally and in various written modalities;
- You have experience with delivering training sessions and workshops;
- You possess a current and valid Class 5 driver’s licence;
- Intermediate experience with MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is an asset;
- If you are bilingual in French and English, it’s an asset;
- You are open to travelling to field sites (up to 40% in western Canada and Minnesota).
Some of our Perks…other than a career opportunity where you can make a difference with a solid and progressive company!
- Competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision beginning on your FIRST DAY as a TEAM MEMBER!
- RRSP plan with company match
- Paid vacation, flex days, annual sick time allowance, as well as extra paid days off at Christmas.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!