- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Engineering and design
Premier Tech is one of the largest manufacturers of industrial packaging equipment in the industry! That said, we are also one of the largest integrators of FANUC robots! To this, let's add an incredible number of PLCs that we work with every day.
We are looking for an automation engineer to help us support our continuous growth. This position makes key contributions to the success of multimillion dollar, custom engineered, material-handling projects by creating engineering deliverables with precision and speed, building strong relationships with key internal and external customers and executing projects to exceed expectations.
Your future team
At Premier Tech Systems and Automation, we enhance our clients’ manufacturing facility efficiency by integrating innovative and high-value systems leveraging the full potential of robotics. We are among the largest conditioning, handling, and packaging automated equipment suppliers in the world — whether for nutrition, agriculture, organics or industrial products.
Your future role
- Complete the programming — write and modify — of PLC, HMI and robots, and system integration of large, complex, custom, automated material-handling systems
- Work on several projects concurrently
- Develop control systems utilizing PLC, HMI, VFD, safety relays, FANUC industrial robotics, sensors, actuators, and motors with proper firmware, configuration files, programs, and network settings
- Create customer system documentation and internal process instructions
- Complete FANUC robot simulations as part of system validation to ensure proper robot selection for custom equipment
- Participate in design reviews of electrical schematics, programs, and documentation
- Interface effectively with customers, co-workers, and suppliers to understand the complete needs of the application and to resolve concerns
- Ability to investigate root cause of problems or cost reduction opportunities for quality solutions
- Complete final testing and performance validation of automated systems to ensure that intended objectives are achieved
- Perform Factory Acceptance Test — FAT — and Site Acceptance Test — SAT — equipment demonstrations
- Provide technical support to team members and customers
- Travel to customer locations to conduct site acceptance tests — 20% of your schedule
- Electrical automation and robotics technology, automation manufacturing and controls, controls engineering technology degree or an equivalent level of experience
- Good judgment
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and Autodesk Electrical
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley and FANUC products — a major asset
Do these words spark your interest?
Allen-Bradley, FANUC, PLC, HMI, travel
Want to learn more? Don’t wait any longer. You are one click away from a propelling career.