- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Engineering and design
Premier Tech, a world-class leader in industrial packaging equipment, supports its success through innovation, teamwork and the skills of its team members around the world. Are you an ambitious individual whose key objectives are reaching goals and offering the optimal customer experience? Join the Premier Tech team and make a real contribution to its growth!
As a mechanical engineer at our Salt Lake City facility, you will design mechanical systems and material handling equipment. Depending on project complexity, designs may be based on established standards, but often require custom programming.
Your future team
At Premier Tech Systems and Automation, we enhance our clients’ manufacturing facility efficiency by integrating innovative and high-value systems leveraging the full potential of robotics. We are among the largest conditioning, handling, and packaging automated equipment suppliers in the world — whether for nutrition, agriculture, organics or industrial products.
Your future role
- Design mechanical systems and equipment
- Provide technical support to Sales, Manufacturing and Service teams
- Elaborate mechanical plans and technical quotes for the systems and equipment
- Ensure compliance with safety standards
- Analyze problems encountered by customers and recommend solutions
- Prepare and present project reports
- Review and approve designs, calculations or cost estimates
- Prepare and manage project-related documents such as quotations, machine files production and change orders, accounting booking sheets and customer purchase orders
- Cooperate with the Sales team for the development process and sales of projects
- Plan and manage customers’ agendas during visits
- Organize plant tours and in-house demonstration
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Provide technical support to internal teams and customers
- Travel occasionally to the customer sites
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- You have two to five years of experience in application, technical project management or mechanical design
- You have knowledge of Solid Edge software — an asset
- You are a good communicator, both written and spoken
- You can successfully interact and work with customers at multiple levels of responsibility in a production environment
Do these words spark your interest?
technical design, Solid Edge, engineering
Is this position perfect for you? Then apply quickly, we look forward to meeting you!