Automation Engineer — Programmer
- Montgomery, Alabama, United States
- Engineering and design
Do you enjoy using your mind and applying your knowledge to create, evaluate and improve designs from product concept to completion? Does communication, team work and quick decision-making sound attractive to you? Then you have found your match in Premier Tech, a manufacturer of conventional and robotic palletizers, conveyors and stretch hooders!
Premier Tech, one of the largest industrial packaging equipment manufacturers in the industry, supports its success through innovation, teamwork and the skills of its team members around the world.
We are on a growth curve at our Montgomery, Alabama facility and we are looking for talented automation engineers — programmers with varying experience levels to join our team!
- Does creating software designs and development for various systems sounds like something you really enjoy doing? Depending on project complexity, designs may be based on established standards, but often require custom programming.
- Are you driven to find software solutions to optimize equipment?
- Do you appreciate being on the cutting edge of new technologies? You will work with advanced PLC, HMI, Vision Systems and robotics — FANUC.
Servo design, development and troubleshooting of advanced motion control systems—Rockwell Kinetix—will set you above many applicants!
- Moreover, you are open to an opportunity to visit and train at our manufacturing facility in Canada and would welcome an occasional travel within North America to our customer sites to assist with equipment installation or troubleshooting.
This position is a PERFECT MATCH if:
Automation and Robotics make your heartbeat faster!
- You are passionate about programming PLC, HMI, and FANUC Robots.
- You speak the language of Rockwell PLC Programming, Rockwell PowerFlex and Kinetix Drives! And if you are not yet a complete expert, you are up for a challenge to become one!
- The words EtherNet/IP means something to you!
- You take pride in your ability to multitask and shine under pressure!
- You have a 2-year technical or a 4-year college degree in the fields of Industrial Controls, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience in related engineering field;
- You have experience in industrial controls and system integration with a strong focus on software design or programming.
Discover more about your future team:
At Premier Tech Systems and Automation, we integrate innovative systems leveraging the full potential of robotics. We are among the largest conditioning, handling, and packaging automated equipment suppliers in the world.
Your future work environment:
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. Here, we celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, being confident and accomplishing a little more every day.
Ready to make a difference? Apply online today, we simply can’t wait to meet you!