- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Engineering and Design
Premier Tech is one of the largest manufacturers of industrial packaging equipment in the industry! That said, we are also one of the largest integrators of FANUC robots! To this, let's add an incredible number of PLCs that we work with every day.
That is why we are looking for an Automation Engineer to help us support our continuous growth. This position makes key contributions to the success of multimillion dollar, custom engineered, material-handling projects by creating engineering deliverables with precision and speed, building strong relationships with key internal and external customers and executing projects to exceed expectations.
MORE PRECISELY YOU WILL HAVE TO:
- Successfully complete engineering deliverables relating to the electrical design, control, and system integration of large, complex, custom, automated material-handling systems;
- Work on several projects concurrently, requiring strong organization and time management skills;
- Create detailed AutoCAD electrical drawings (enclosure layouts and wiring diagrams) based on applicable specifications and project requirements;
- Prepare BOM (Bills of Material) for system electrical components, specifies instrumentation and develops part data sheets for procurement purposes;
- Design PLC and HMI systems and write/modify Allen-Bradley PLC code used in the automation of industrial material-handling systems;
- With assistance, develop control systems utilizing PLC, HMI, VFD, safety relays, FANUC industrial robotics, sensors, actuators and motors;
- Setup control system devices (PLC, HMI, VFD, safety relays, network switches and FANUC industrial robots) with proper firmware, configuration files, programs and network settings;
- Create customer system documentation (user guides) and internal process instructions;
- Complete FANUC robot simulations as part of system validation to ensure proper robot selection for custom equipment;
- Participate in design reviews of electrical schematics, programs and documentation;
- Interface effectively with customers, co-workers and suppliers to understand the complete needs of the application and to resolve concerns;
- Ability to investigate root cause of problems or cost reduction opportunities for quality solutions;
- Complete final testing and performance validation of automated systems to ensure that intended objectives are achieved;
- Perform Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) equipment demonstrations;
- Provide technical support to team members and customers;
- And much more!
THE PROFILE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You have Electrical Automation & Robotics Technology; Automation Manufacturing & Controls; Controls Engineering Technology; or an equivalent level of experience
- You are autonomous, recognized for your good judgment and problem-solving skills;
- You are customer-oriented and enjoy interacting with colleagues from various fields of expertise;
- You communicate easily in English, both orally and in writing;
- You have experience working in MS Office suite and Autodesk Electrical;
- You have worked with Allen-Bradley and FANUC products (a major asset);
- You are willing to travel to customer locations to conduct site acceptance tests (expected travel 20%);
- You are ready for the Premier Tech Adventure with a big A? Join our team!