- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Engineering and Design
Premier Tech, a world-class leader in industrial packaging equipment, supports its success through innovation, teamwork and the skills of its team members around the world. Are you an ambitious individual whose key objectives are reaching goals and offering the optimal customer experience? Join the Premier Tech team and make a real contribution to its growth!
As a mechanical engineer in our Montgomery facility, you will design mechanical systems and material handling equipment such as palletizers, conveyors, and stretch hooders. Depending on project complexity, designs may be based on established standards, but often require custom programming.
Being a mechanical engineer with Premier Tech means that you will:
- Design mechanical systems and equipment.
- Provide technical support to Sales, Manufacturing and Service teams.
- Elaborate mechanical plans and technical quotes for the systems and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Analyze problems encountered by customers and recommend solutions.
- Prepare and present project reports.
- Review and approve designs, calculations or cost estimates.
- Prepare and manage project-related documents such as quotations, machine files production and change orders, accounting booking sheets, customer purchase orders.
- Cooperate with the Sales team for the development process and sales of projects.
- Plan and manage customers’ agendas during visits.
- Organize plant tours and in-house demonstrations.
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Provide technical support to internal teams and customers.
Is this role for you?
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- You have two to five years of experience in application, technical project management or mechanical design.
- You have knowledge of Solid Edge software — an asset.
- You are a good communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- You are willing to travel occasionally to the customer sites.
- You can successfully interact and work with customers at multiple levels of responsibility in a production environment.
Discover more about your future team:
At Premier Tech Systems and Automation, we integrate innovative systems leveraging the full potential of robotics. We are among the largest conditioning, handling, and packaging automated equipment suppliers in the world.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. Here, we celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, being confident and accomplishing a little more every day.
Ready to make a difference? Apply online today, we simply can’t wait to meet you!