- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Engineering and Design
Premier Tech is a big family! We work as a hockey team – together. The diversity of opinions brings ingenuity and that is what we are looking for. For us, the best machine is the one that was thought and rethought using the strengths of all team members. It is the combination of expertise and knowledge that allows our work to reach this level of excellence.
The well-established engineering team is made up of specialists in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and project management. Their challenges consist of designing equipment at the cutting edge of technology in large, complex, custom, automated material-handling systems.
Your challenge, as for you, will consist mainly in:
- The proven ability to lead successful teams and to create technical designs and engineering documentation for large, complex, custom, automated material-handling systems;
- Ensuring project scopes include input from all functional disciplines including Sales, Applications, Engineering, Project Management and Installation and Commissioning;
- Achieving defined cost, schedule and performance requirements of a project;
- Optimizing schedules to identify critical path(s), major risks and proactively deploying strategies to address them;
- Elevating a sense of urgency when key deliverables are jeopardized and facilitating problem solving;
- Relying on core team and functional leader expertise when faced with critical decisions;
- Fostering teamwork and striving to maintain an environment of collaboration, openness and trust;
- Coaching team members on their individual job functions (mechanical, electrical, programming and project management);
- Having knowledge in 2D and 3D CAD software, mechanical and electrical drawings, design-for-manufacturability, generating Bills of Material, PLC programming, factory acceptance test, site acceptance tests, engineering analysis, root cause analysis, machine safety reviews and technical manual writing.
You may be ready to accept this challenge if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- You possess a current registration as a licensed Professional Engineer (PE);
- You have a background in industrial manufacturing processes including fabrication, machining and welding;
- You have significant industry experience (8+ years) in design;
- You are able handle stress in a professional manner while demonstrating the ability to get along with others;
- You are experienced in effectively leading and managing teams;
- You have the proven ability to lead large, custom projects within compressed delivery timeframe expectations;
- You have strong communications skills both written and oral.