Red Seal millwright
- Richer, Manitoba, Canada
- Production and maintenance
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a North American leader in the production of peat-based growing media. Active on the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we leverage a coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world.
We are seeking a Red Seal millwright for our Richer manufacturing facility. If you are red sealed and want to work in a production facility where you can use your mechanical aptitude to regularly inspect, repair and maintain all mobile and stationary production equipment to minimize downtime and to further advance our continuous improvements, keep reading as this role may be for you.
Being a Red Seal millwright with Premier Tech means that you will:
- Ensure health and safety practices and processes are upheld, and the premises, team members and operations are safe.
- Repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain equipment with a focus on preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Track all work completed.
- Schedule and process each piece of equipment as per OEM guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate with management and fellow team members on a regular basis.
- Maintain and install equipment.
- Diagnose and repair building as well as production equipment or systems.
- Inform production and maintenance partners regarding equipment status and condition.
- Maintain accurate equipment records.
- Adhere to preventive maintenance procedures and improvements.
- Share knowledge and skills.
- Respond to breakdowns on plant equipment, facilities and buildings.
Is this role for you?
- You are a certified Manitoba or inter-provincial Red Seal millwright, with five years of experience.
- You have basic electrical understanding.
- You can diagnose, repair, install, and perform the maintenance of mechanical plant equipment.
- You work well in a production environment, within a team setting and have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are available to work from a variety of four different shifts which can offer occasional overtime.
- You possess basic level computer skills — Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook — and can operate a PC-based CMMS system.
- You like working both indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions.
- You can work independently and multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- You are a true team player who respects and places a high value on safety and team spirit is in your DNA.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Earning and development opportunities
- Health and dental benefits
- Retirement plan benefits
- Free on-site parking
- A Culture where safety, people, and your voice matters
- Boot allowance and tools provided
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition, and talent, and let’s partner together!