- Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Production and Maintenance
Our Hudson Bay bog operation is seeking a full-time agricultural supervisor, are you in?
Being an agricultural supervisor with Premier Tech means…
- Ensure safe work practices are followed by all team members and that all bog equipment is maintained in safe working conditions and operated safely.
- Participate in production planning to ensure harvest objectives are met.
- Control work schedules, budgets and guarantee production quality and quantities.
- Assign, coordinate and supervise team members’ work.
- Train, advise and support team members in their roles and objectives.
- Ensure team members utilize and follow work processes, methods and production procedures.
- Solve harvest and bog related challenges as they arise, while consulting and collaborating with the operations director when issues escalate.
- Regularly review harvest objectives and planning to ensure objectives will be attained.
- Utilize available tools and equipment to maximize harvest and bog sustainability.
- Follow sound management principles of peat field inventories. This includes storage and conservation.
- Receive, store, transfer and ship products and materials.
- Promote continuous improvement and listen to team members’ ideas.
- Participate and implement continuous improvement initiatives related to production processes.
- Actively lead personnel activities such as hiring, promotion, team member development and performance management.
- Prepare reports and other bog operations-related documents.
Is this role for you?
- You possess a college degree in forestry, environmental sciences, earth sciences, or an equivalent.
- You are a true team player who places a high value on safety.
- You are looking for a physical role, which offers the ability to operate agriculture-related machinery and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- You understand the concept of “making hay when the sun shines” and can work longer hours or weekends, as required.
- You can work autonomously while keeping the team’s priorities in mind.
- You can also multitask within a fast-paced environment, which will certainly make the days go by quickly!
- You possess a current and valid driver’s license.
Are you ready to work in a fast-paced environment where you are the ambassador for Premier Tech at our customer sites? Contact us and apply!
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.