- Montgomery, Alabama, United States
- Engineering and Design
Premier Tech is a world leader in the Industrial equipment packaging world — a big family! Our Montgomery, AL, site has doubled in size this past year and we have plans to further our growth in the coming years. We are looking for the right person to join our team as engineering manager — someone who is willing to bring their experiences and ingenuity to lead and to grow with us.
Our well-established Engineering team is made up of specialists in electrical, mechanical and software engineering. Their challenges consist of designing equipment at the cutting edge of technology in large, complex, custom and automated material-handling systems.
As engineering manager, you will be:
- Leading successful teams to create technical designs and engineering documentation for large, complex, custom, automated material-handling systems.
- Ensuring project scopes include input from all functional disciplines including sales, applications, engineering, project management and installation and commissioning.
- Achieving defined cost, schedule and performance requirements of a project.
- Optimizing schedules to identify critical path(s), major risks and proactively deploying strategies to address them.
- Elevating a sense of priority, urgency and problem solving to respect key deliverables.
- Relying on a core team and functional leader expertise when faced with important decisions.
- Fostering teamwork and striving to maintain an environment of collaboration, openness, trust and performance.
- Coaching team members to achieve their potential.
You may be ready to accept this challenge if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline of engineering.
- You have significant industry experience (8+ years) in management or design.
- You have knowledge in the industrial automation equipment industry.
- You are able to handle stress in a professional manner while demonstrating the ability to get along with others.
- You are experienced in leading and managing teams effectively.
- You have the proven ability to lead large, custom projects within compressed delivery timeframe expectations.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
We want your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together! Just apply to discover the possibilities. If this position does not quite match what you are looking for, we probably have many other great career opportunities to offer you. Discover them in the complete list of our job offers or send a spontaneous application.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. Here, we celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.