Harvest Equipment Operator
- Valleyview, Alberta, Canada
- Production and Maintenance
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a North American, peat-based growing media leader. Specifically targeting the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we excel through our coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world!
We are seeking to expand our team by hiring a harvest equipment operator to our Valleyview, Alberta operations. Being a harvest labourer at Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a key role as it is the starting point to the production cycle. If you enjoy operating equipment such as tractors, loaders and aspirators, and find working outdoors your optimum work environment, you will want to join our team.
Being a harvest equipment operator at Premier Tech means that you will:
- Ensure the health and safety practices and processes are upheld. You will also make sure the premises, team members and operations are safe.
- Operate farm tractors with implements such as peat harvest vacuums, various harrows, loaders and other agricultural equipment.
- Perform daily equipment checks to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Assist with the general maintenance of equipment tasks to ensure their optimal operation.
- Store, monitor and complete quality control testing on the harvested peat piles.
- Make sure the site’s level of organization and cleanliness is maintained.
- Work safely every day along with keeping the safety of yourself and others at the forefront.
- Communicate and collaborate with management and fellow team members.
Is this role for you?
- You are a team player who places a high value on safety.
- You are looking for a physical role which will allow you to operate agricultural machinery and work outdoors in all weather.
- You understand the concept of “making hay when the sun shines,” so you can work longer hours or weekends, as required.
- You can work autonomously while keeping the team’s priorities in mind.
- You can multitask within a fast-paced environment which will make the days go by quickly!
- You possess a current and valid driver’s license.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!