Plant Equipment Operator
- Cromwell, Minnesota, United States
- Production and Maintenance
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a North American peat-based growing media leader. Specifically targeting the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we excel through our coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world!
We are seeking to expand our team by adding five plant equipment operators at our Cromwell plant for both day and afternoon shifts. As a production equipment operator you will be part of a team that ensures the right raw materials, ingredients and packaging processes are respected while working safely, efficiently and within the quality standards. This position offers variety, training, physical activity, the opportunity to operate both mobile and production equipment while growing your career with a company that is almost 100 years old.
If you want to be part of this exciting and evolving opportunity in an essential services industry, please keep reading!
Being a production equipment operator at Premier Tech means that you will:
- Ensure the health and safety practices and processes are upheld and the premises team members and operations are safe.
- Work in a plant setting while operating peat manufacturing technology.
- Work inside and outside of the facility moving palletized material.
- Work in a production facility mainly operating a forklift and palletizer.
- Be involved in some manual labour.
- Be performing tasks that are physical and manual and on occasion may involve working at heights.
- Be responsible for maintaining the facility’s level of cleanliness, sanitization and organization.
- Operate equipment such as forklifts or loaders, as required.
- Make the necessary adjustments during the manufacturing process to ensure the product is within specification and meets quality standards.
- Communicate and collaborate with management and fellow team members.
Is this role for you?
- You work well in a production environment within a team setting and have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have previous palletizer and forklift experience.
- You are looking for a physical role which offers the ability to operate material handling equipment.
- You have a basic mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform routine maintenance including lubricating, fuelling and cleaning.
- You are available to work a variety of shifts with occasional weekend work.
- You are a true team player who places a high value on safety.
- You like working both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- You can work independently and multitask within a fast-paced environment.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone played in it.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!