- Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
- Production and Maintenance
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a North American leader in the production of peat-based growing media. Active in the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we leverage a coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world.
We are seeking a skilled mechanic for our Mattaponi manufacturing facility. If you want to work in a production facility where you can use your mechanical skills to regularly inspect, repair and maintain all mobile and stationary production equipment to minimize downtime and contribute to continuous improvements, keep reading as this role may be for you!
Being a mechanic with Premier Tech means that you will:
- Perform mechanical tasks associated with both subassemblies and final product in preparation for product testing.
- Provide mechanical troubleshooting and testing of both subassemblies and final product.
- Check work, production order or print against materials to make sure drawings or blueprints are suitable. You will also ensure you have the right parts in sufficient number — and much more.
- Plan sequence of operation, which requires the understanding of the machine set-up, material type, sizes, and end product’s effects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues such as wrong parts or incorrect sizes.
- Assemble parts as specified by work orders, drawings or blueprints.
- Operate a variety of equipment to assemble parts according to specifications of work order.
- Interact with engineers for any design interpretation issues.
- Work in a manufacturing setting.
- Check completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Adhere to all safety requirements, including wearing PPE correctly.
- Keep equipment in safe operating condition.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Help train and direct temporary team members. You will also provide assistance regarding techniques, processes and procedures.
Is this role for you?
- You work well in a production environment, within a team setting and have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have electrical knowledge, more specifically of hydraulic and pneumatic systems — an asset.
- Team spirit is in your DNA! You are a true team player who respects and places a high value on safety.
- You possess basic level computer skills meaning you can work with Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- You can communicate effectively in English.
- You like working both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- You can work independently and multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- You can lift fifty or more pounds on a regular basis.
- You can move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces. You also respond quickly to sounds.
- You can foresee and respond to potentially dangerous situations.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!