- Richer, Manitoba, Canada
- Production and Maintenance
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a North American leader in the production of peat-based growing media. Active on the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we leverage a coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world.
We are seeking a millwright for our Richer manufacturing facility. If you are Red Sealed and want to work in a production facility where you can use your mechanical aptitude to regularly inspect, repair and maintain all mobile and stationary production equipment to minimize downtime and to further our continuous improvements, keep reading as this role may be for you.
Being a millwright — with Premier Tech means that you will:
- Ensure the Health and Safety practices and processes are upheld, and the premises, team members and operations are safe.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain all systems on mobile equipment such as forklifts, loaders, as well as various other mobile or stationary production equipment.
- Troubleshoot and maintain engines, transmissions, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, with the added talents of fabrication and welding.
- Provide important feedback while assessing and diagnosing issues, providing recommendations, and completing the approved work orders within the established timelines.
- Repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain equipment with a focus on preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Perform in accordance with a preventive maintenance program, verification, disassembly, repair, assembly, adjustment, and overhauls to maintain mobile and production equipment.
- Accurately document and track all work completed.
- Participate in a preventative maintenance program which involves respecting standard maintenance schedule and process for each piece of equipment as per OEM guidelines.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with management and fellow team members.
Is this role for you?
- You work well in a production environment, within a team setting and have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are a millwright, with 5+ years of experience.
- Team spirit is in your DNA! You are a true team player who respects and places a high value on safety.
- You are available to work from a variety of four different shifts which can offer occasional overtime.
- You possess basic level computer skills — MS Office, Excel, Outlook — and can operate a PC-based CMMS system.
- You can communicate effectively in English.
- You like working both indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions.
- You can work independently and multitask within a fast-paced environment.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!