- Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
- Production and Maintenance
Premier Tech is seeking to expand its team by adding a Forklift Operator for its Growers and Consumers business group at its Mattaponi production plant. This horticulture facility processes growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world.
This position offers variety, training, physical activity and the opportunity to collaborate and to grow your career with a company that is almost 100 years old!
If you want to be part of this exciting and evolving industry, keep reading!
Being a Forklift Operator with Premier Tech means:
- Working in a production facility mainly operating a forklift, also involved in some manual labor.
- Observing safe material loading, handling and unloading methods.
- Working inside and outside of the facility moving palletized material.
- Being an active participant in maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the facility.
- And of course, working safely everyday, along with keeping the safety of others at the forefront!
Is this role for you?
- You have previous forklift experience.
- You have the physical ability to safely climb in and out of equipment, sit for long periods of time, and work in varying weather conditions and in a dusty and dirty environment.
- This is a day shift but you have the flexibility to work other shifts and occasionally on weekends, if required.
- You can think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment and contributing to team goals.
- You have a basic mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform routine maintenance including lubricating, fueling and cleaning.
What’s in it for you? (other than a career opportunity with a cool and innovative company!)
- Extremely competitive benefits including health, dental and vision. Note that you become eligible for these benefits on YOUR FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
- 401(k) plan with company match.
- Paid vacation as well as annual sick time allowance.
- Health and wellness programs.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided, including work shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, raingear and annual purchase of safety shoes.
Working for Premier Tech’s Growers and Consumers business group means being a major player in the production of growing media adapted to our clients’ needs, to the public and professional markets. It means increasing crop yields, creating beautiful living environments and protecting people, homes and gardens.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
This position may be eligible for overtime.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!