- Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Sales, Service and Client Experience
Joining Premier Tech Growers and Consumers means embarking on a unique adventure in an innovative and people-oriented international business. Truly.
As a Category Advisor, we offer you the opportunity to evolve within a multidisciplinary team, where your analytical skills and passion for marketing, sales, and category development will be at the forefront.
Premier Tech is the proud owner of the C-I-L, Alaskan, PRO-MIX and Wilson national brands, available throughout Canada, and growing beyond our borders. We are looking for a passionate person, ready for an exciting challenge!
How will your work provide impact?
- Responsibility for developing, maintaining, and analyzing reports to support categories and opportunities.
- Offering expertise based on many different data collection points, including POS analysis, market trends, and strategic growth plans.
- Developing strategic sales initiatives to increase product distribution, market penetration, and consumer adoption.
- Analytical skills will serve to maintain information in our systems to support decisions related to advertising, planning, promotions, and new listings.
- Thanks to your experience and knowledge, you’ll provide recommendations to account managers and category managers to support the achievement of their targets and goals.
- An understanding of category analysis, the category management business cycle as well as expertise in category outputs, including planograms, will be strengths of yours.
- Energized by challenges, your desire to understand ‘why’ will drive you to innovate by finding new ways of developing reports, providing category summaries, completing fine-line analyses, building replenishment analyses, and producing market analyses.
- Summarized category performance reports that include market insights, competitive activity, internal and external trends will also provide 360° of visibility to your work.
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Commerce or Finance, preferably, or Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or similar.
- You have a work background of 3+ years in one of the following roles:
- Key account manager (national account manager) specializing in either consumer-packaged goods, or servicing the hardware channel;
- Category advisor working with consumer-packaged goods, and serving a national retailer;
- Category manager or buyer of consumer-packaged goods with a national retailer;
- Walmart employee working in merchandising or merchandising operations in the Store Support Centre.
- You have the ability to meet customer needs through great listening, organization and delivering on expectations.
- You have superior analysis, organization, communication, and planning skills.
- If you have worked with different information management systems and have experience with JDA Space Planning, this is an asset.
- You cultivate fun at work, without losing focus on results.
If this position is not quite what you are looking for, we have several other great opportunities to offer you. Discover them in the full list of our job offers.
Your future work environment:
- In our newly renovated and up-to-date workspaces, you will have no more gray days! Lots of light and open areas await you!
- Our facilities promote innovation and cooperation.
- One of our values is teamwork, so having fun at work is essential. Our TechCafé provides a welcoming place to chat over a good cup of coffee with your colleagues, whether the conversation is related to work, or of a more personal nature.
- Premier Tech is also an environment rich with culture. We like to highlight the work of our team members and our successes at various celebrations, one of them being our PT-SHIRT Day. Several other events are organized by our social team.
- With a flexible work schedule, we work to strike balance between work and home, allowing for an environment for both to thrive.
- Opportunities for growth are within your grasp. With several different roles, in different businesses, with offices located around the world, opportunities to grow are available if you want them. Even if your aspirations are closer to home, several learning and growth opportunities are available to employees daily. Ask about UPT!
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
Ready to take on this challenge? Apply online now, we are waiting for you!