Natural Resource Management Analyst
- Carrot River, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Innovation, Research and Development
At Premier Tech, we like to surround ourselves with passionate team members. Their passion and curiosity allow us to continue to be innovative leaders in the industry of horticultural products for professional markets.
To pursue our journey towards innovation and to carry out an eco-responsible management of our main resource, peat, we are looking for an Analyst whose main mandate will be to support our natural resource management team.
Being a Natural Resource Management Analyst at Premier Tech means that you will:
- Participate in the planning and sourcing of resources for peatland openings and restorations.
- Participate in the coordination of good maintenance of water quality during our operations in peatlands.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with various internal and external stakeholders (government, First Nations).
- Participate in maintaining the Veriflora certification (eco-responsible peatland management) through audits, ensuring that the requirements are met.
- Discuss directives in response to observed environmental non-conformities.
- Ultimately, be able to share best practices and your knowledge surrounding the peatland environment, both in terms of training and documentation.
- Participate in monitoring woodland caribou habitat.
- And, above all, you demonstrate a passion for the environment and outdoors! As this role has a large field component, we are seeking an individual who is comfortable operating outdoors. Local and regional travel may be required.
Is this role for you?
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Biology, Geography, Wetland Science, Natural Resources, or relevant experience.
- You have experience or an interest in wildlife migratory patterns.
- You know how to use a mapping software.
- You have knowledge of peatlands.
- You have very good interpersonal skills.
- You are a proactive team member and can work independently.
- You can make a difference by contributing your ideas and thinking outside the box.
- You are available to travel on a regular basis to our various production sites (Canada and United States - approximately 10 trips per year).
Working for Premier Tech’s Growers and Consumers business group means being a major player in the production of growing media adapted to our clients’ needs, to the public and professional markets. It means increasing crop yields, creating beautiful living environments and protecting people, homes and gardens.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
Ready to take on this challenge? Please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!