- Cromwell, Minnesota, United States
- Production and Maintenance
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a North American leader in the production of peat-based growing media. Active on the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we leverage a coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world.
We are seeking to expand our team by adding two Mechanics at our Cromwell Facility. If you have experience in mechanics or are an apprentice and want to work in a production facility where you can use your mechanical aptitude to assist with ensuring that all mobile and stationary production equipment is maintained and operational, keep reading as this role may be for you.
Being a Mechanic with Premier Tech means that you will…
- Ensure the Health and Safety practices and processes are upheld, and the premises, team members and operations are safe.
- Work in a plant setting as a member of the maintenance team involved with coordinating and assisting with the completion of the Preventative Maintenance program for the production and mobile equipment.
- Provide important feedback while assessing and diagnosing issues, providing recommendations and completing the approved work orders within the established timelines.
- Install, align, dismantle, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, as required.
- Be asked to assist with installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining power transmissions, vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and maintenance welding.
- Be performing tasks that are physical and manual and on occasion may involve working at heights.
- Assist with the production teams’ efforts for maintaining the facility’s level of cleanliness, sanitization and organization.
- Operate equipment such as forklifts or loaders, as required.
- Communicate and collaborate with management and fellow team members.
Is this role for YOU? Are you a person who…
- Can work well in a production environment, within a team setting and have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prefers a physical role, which offers the ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Has a strong mechanical aptitude and experience and is both resourceful and adaptable.
- Understands the concept of having the equipment ready to maximize efficiency and production.
- Available to work either the afternoon shifts during the week or a weekend shift.
- Is a team player who places a high value on safety.
- Can work independently and multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Likes working both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Is available to work overtime or variable shifts, as required.
- Has a valid driver’s licence with clean abstract and criminal security clearance.
Working for PT’s Growers and Consumers business group means being a major player in the production of growing media adapted to our clients’ needs, to the public and professional markets. It means increasing crop yields, creating beautiful living environments and protecting people, homes and gardens.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!