Health and Safety Advisor
- Montgomery, Alabama, United States
- Organizational Development and Talent
If you have the ability to build relationships across a large enterprise and want the opportunity to use your collaborative leadership and interpersonal skills to influence safety related outcomes and foster a safety culture in a complex organization… then this may be your new ‘work home’. Please keep reading!
Our Premier Tech Systems and Automation (PTSA) team is looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to deploy their talents and implement our health and safety program initiatives with our Business Units and team members across multiple sites in the United States and Latin America.
Here’s the proposed challenge:
- Develop, implement and steward effective and efficient safety systems, processes and tools for managing H & S risks and hazards at our worksites;
- Collaborate with a team of safety professionals to effectively integrate safety barriers, controls and practices across the enterprise;
- Support and consult the site leaders in all safety related aspects;
- Conduct positive interventions, site inspections, audits and assist with investigations and recommend corrective actions;
- Audit initiatives to ensure that newly identified risks, hazards or behaviors are effectively managed;
- Support and deliver safety orientations, training and coaching;
- Participate in joint health and safety committees;
- Promote a culture where safety is a key value;
- Be an example of what working safely looks like, while keeping the safety of yourself and others at the forefront!
Is this role for you?
- You’re a true team player, with 5+ years of related experience;
- You hold a post-secondary education in an Occupational Health and Safety related discipline;
- You understand OH&S Acts, Regulations and Codes (primarily in AL, IA, UT, IL and TX; with willingness to learn about Mexico and Brazil);
- You have strong collaboration skills that enable you to build strong, positive relationships across diverse groups, with the ability to work both independently and within a team framework;
- You can effectively communicate both verbally and in various written modalities;
- You have experience with delivering training sessions and workshops;
- You possess a current and valid driver’s license;
- Intermediate experience with MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is an asset;
- If you are bilingual in English and Spanish, it’s an asset;
- You are open to travelling to field sites (up to 40% in the United States and Latin America).
Some of our Perks…other than a career opportunity where you can make a difference with a solid and progressive company!
- Competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision beginning on your FIRST DAY as a TEAM MEMBER!
- 401K plan with company match
- Paid vacation, annual sick time allowance, as paid holidays.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!