Automatic Machine Operator
- Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
- Production and Maintenance
Premier Tech is seeking to complete its team by hiring an Automatic Machine Operator for its Growers and Consumers business group. This valuable role consists in supporting the manufacturing team in everything related to production, maintenance, safety, quality control and continuous improvement.
On a daily basis, you will have the opportunity to operate and maintain automatic packaging lines and meet quality and production targets in a safe and efficient manner. You will join a positive team that is continually looking for areas of improvement.
At Premier Tech, a vibrant culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do. Are you in?
Being an Automatic Machine Operator with Premier Tech means that you will:
- Prepare and run production as per standard operating procedures, meeting company quantity, quality and safety requirements.
- Operate on multiple lines to ensure production schedules are met.
- Prepare line for changeover as production schedule dictates.
- Monitor quality of product, complete frequent weight checks, ensure that the bags are properly sealed, and the quality of the bags and pallets conforms to company standards.
- Perform minor line maintenance such as changing the heat tape and spreader bars as well as adjusting the squeezers, sealers, feed systems and gates for flow control.
- Change bag roll stock with weights of 100 to 300 lbs, as required, using hand cart and lifting roll on its ends.
- Report any safety, maintenance or quality concerns to Production Supervisor immediately.
- Maintain a good level of organisation and cleanliness on the production line – ensure that the work area is free from safety hazards and is left in good order at the end of the shift.
- Complete and submit a daily production report to Production Supervisor at the end of the shift.
- Evaluate and analyse opportunities to improve equipment reliability and performance.
- Train, advise and support the team members in their work.
Is this role for you?
- You are motivated by teamwork and do not hesitate to proactively ask others for information.
- You have at least 3 years of machine experience in a manufacturing environment.
- You are an excellent troubleshooter.
- You have a valid forklift operator certificate or will be willing to obtain one.
Premier Tech’s Growers and Consumers business group is a North American leader in peat-based growing media. Specifically targeting the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we excel through our coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world!
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together.