Harvest Equipment Operator
- Moose Lake, Manitoba, Canada
- Production and Maintenance
You enjoy operating equipment such as tractors, loaders and aspirators (vacuums), and you find working outdoors your optimum work environment? You will certainly want to join our team!
We are seeking to expand our team by hiring three (3) Harvest Equipment Operators for our Manitoba operations. A Harvest Equipment Operator is a key role at Premier Tech Growers and Consumers, as it is the starting point to the production cycle.
Being a Harvest Equipment Operator at Premier Tech means that you will:
- Ensure the Health and Safety practices and processes are upheld, and the premises, team members and operations are safe;
- Operate farm tractors with implements (peat harvest vacuums and various harrows), loaders and other agricultural equipment to harvest peat;
- Perform daily equipment checks to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition;
- Help carry out general maintenance tasks to ensure optimal equipment operation;
- Store, monitor and complete Quality Control testing on the harvested peat piles;
- Be responsible to maintain the site’s level of organisation and cleanliness;
- Work safely every day while putting the safety of yourself and others at the forefront;
- Communicate and collaborate with management and fellow team members.
This role is for you if you are:
- A team player, who places a high value on safety;
- Looking for a physical role, which offers the ability to operate agricultural machinery and you can work outdoors in all weather conditions;
- A person who understands the concept of “making hay when the sun shines” and you can work longer hours or weekends, as required;
- Able to work autonomously while keeping the team’s priorities in mind;
- Able to multitask within a fast-paced environment (which will certainly make the days go by quickly);
- In possession of a current and valid driver’s license.
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers (PTGC) is a North American leader in peat-based growing media. Specifically targeting the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we excel through our coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world!
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!