- Carrot River, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Production and Maintenance
If you enjoy operating equipment such as tractors, loaders and aspirators (vacuums) and find working outdoors your optimum work environment, you will certainly want to join our team!
Our Carrot River Plant and bog operation is seeking full-time and casual Labourers and Equipment Operators for varying shifts during the upcoming 2020 season. A Harvest Labourer is a key role at Premier Tech, as it is the starting point to the production cycle. Are you in?
Being a Labourer with PT means…
- Operating farm tractors with implements (peat harvest vacuums and various harrows), loaders and other agricultural equipment to harvest peat;
- Performing daily equipment checks to ensure it is in safe operating condition, as well as general maintenance of equipment for optimal operations;
- Storing, monitoring and performing Quality Control testing on the harvested peat piles;
- Being responsible for maintaining the site’s level of organization and cleanliness;
- And of course, working safely everyday along with keeping the safety of yourself and others at the forefront!
Is this role for you?
- You’re a true team player, who places a high value on safety;
- You’re looking for a physical role, which offers the ability to operate agriculture-related machinery and outdoors in all weather conditions;
- You understand the concept of “making hay when the sun shines” and can work longer hours or weekends, as required;
- You can work autonomously while keeping the team’s priorities in mind;
- You can also multitask within a fast-paced environment (which will certainly make the days go by quickly!);
- You possess a current and valid driver’s license.