Harvest Equipment Operator
- Cromwell, Minnesota, United States
- Production and Maintenance
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a North American, peat-based growing media leader. Specifically targeting the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we excel through our coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world!
We are seeking to expand our team by hiring a Harvest Equipment Operator to our Cromwell operations. A Harvest Labourer is a key role at PTGC, as it is the starting point to the production cycle. If you enjoy operating equipment such as tractors, loaders and aspirators (vacuums) and find working outdoors your optimum work environment, you will certainly want to join our team.
Being a Harvest Equipment Operator at Premier Tech means that you will:
- Ensure the Health and Safety practices and processes are upheld, and the premises, team members and operations are safe;
- Operate farm tractors with implements (peat harvest vacuums and various harrows), loaders and other agricultural equipment to harvest peat;
- Perform daily equipment checks to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition;
- Assist with the general maintenance of equipment tasks to ensure their optimal operation;
- Store, monitor and complete Quality Control testing on the harvested peat piles;
- Be responsible to maintain the site’s level of organization and cleanliness; and Working safely everyday along with keeping the safety of yourself and others at the forefront.
- Communicate and collaborate with management and fellow team members.
Is this role for you? Are you…
- A team player, who places a high value on safety;
- Looking for a physical role, which offers the ability to operate agricultural machinery and can work outdoors in all weather conditions;
- A person who understands the concept of “making hay when the sun shines” and can work longer hours or weekends, as required;
- Able to work autonomously while keeping the team’s priorities in mind;
- Able to multi-task within a fast-paced environment (which will certainly make the days go by quickly); and In possession of a current and valid driver’s licence.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!