Quality Control Associate
- Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
- Production and Maintenance
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a North American, peat-based growing media leader. Specifically targeting the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we excel through our coast-to-coast production and distribution network.
Our promise for quality now makes us look for a new Quality Control Associate. Are you a master at respecting testing methods, gathering and recording data, capable of partnering with a team, while striving to support the production of superior quality horticulture growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world?
As a new Quality Control team member at Premier Tech, you will be responsible for delivering accurate and timely quality test results while collaborating with our Mattaponi team and with the World Headquarters in Quebec, Canada. This position offers variety, training, physical activity and the opportunity to grow your career with a company that is almost 100 years old!
Being a Quality Control Associate at Premier Tech means that you will:
- Ensure the Health and Safety practices and processes are upheld, and the premises, team members and operations are safe;
- Perform regular and rigorous sampling of the product during the manufacturing process and complete quality control tests;
- Make the necessary adjustments during the manufacturing process and/or inform the right people to ensure a quality product;
- Complete the required forms or enter data into the database to record, track and monitor the quality results and tests;
- Support and collaborate with the supervisor for the adjustment of bark screening equipment per product specifications;
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the bark screening and mixing areas;
- Ensure all SKU’s are made per approved recipe and that all specifications are met;
- Ensure that quality control is carried out throughout the whole manufacturing process;
- Maintain lines of communication with management and fellow team members.
Is this role for you?
- You work well in a production environment, within a team setting and have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess digital literacy with various software applications; specifically Excel, Word, Outlook and ERP systems such as JDE.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Capable of solving practical problems respecting standardized methods along with the ability to interpret instructions in various formats (written, spoken, diagram or schedule).
- This is a physical role which requires activities such as: walking, climbing, sitting, standing, crouching, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds, while working in a dusty environment with moderate noise levels.
- You have 1–2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of college/technical school training (preferred).
What’s in it for you? (other than a career opportunity with an organization that makes a difference!)
- Extremely competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision. Note that you become eligible for these benefits on your first day of employment!
- 401K with company match;
- Paid vacation as well as annual sick time allowance;
- Health and Wellness Programs;
- Furnished PPE including work shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, rain gear and annual safety footwear purchase.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!