- Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Production and Maintenance
If you are a Mechanic, like working in the field where the action begins, ensuring that equipment and machinery operate at their optimal level… then keep reading, this role may be for you!
We are seeking Mechanics for our two bog operations in the Hudson Bay and Carrot River regions. Our industry is Horticulture and Agriculture, but you may better know us by some of our brands such as: Pro-Mix, C-I-L, Wilson and Alaskan.
We are searching for those talented team members who have a background as Field service technicians and have a variety of mechanical skills and aptitudes. This is a key role as our bog operations are the first step in the peat production manufacturing process which allows our products to reach clients throughout North America. As these are some of our newest sites, soon shops will be built to support these operations.
Are you ready to take on this challenge?
Working as a Mechanic with PT means…
- Coordinating and undertaking the repair and preventative maintenance program for the harvest and mobile equipment;
- Troubleshoot, and maintain power transmissions, vacuum, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, with the added talents of fabrication and welding;
- Providing important feedback while assessing and diagnosing issues, providing recommendations and completing the approved work orders within the established timelines;
- Moving or operating harvest equipment, as required;
- And of course, working safely every day, while keeping the safety of yourself and others at the forefront!
Is this role for YOU?
- You are a team player who places a high value on safety;
- You have earned your Heavy Equipment Technician ticket or are a 3rd/4th year apprentice working towards obtaining the journeyman ticket (a combination of experience and a journeyman ticket in a similar trade may be considered);
- Being resourceful with a strong mechanical aptitude are some of your strengths;
- You have experience with working in various weather conditions and can easily adapt;
- The concept of having the equipment ready to maximize efficiency and production are some of your main goals;
- You have the capacity of working independently and multitasking within a fast-paced environment;
- You are available for overtime shifts, as required.