Front-End Loader Operator
- Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
- Production and Maintenance
At Premier Tech Growers and Consumers (PTGC), growth is the foundation of who we are… literally! Our Mattaponi production facility is seeking a Front-End Loader Operator to join our team. This horticulture facility processes growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world.
This position offers variety, training, physical activity and the opportunity to collaborate and to grow your career with a company that is almost 100 years old!
If you want to be part of this exciting and evolving industry, keep reading!
Being a Loader Operator with PTGC means:
- Working in a production facility mainly operating front-end loaders, grinders and screening equipment, but on occasion may assisting in other processing areas which includes forklift operation;
- Respecting safe material loading, handling and unloading methods;
- Performing pre/post inspections, routine maintenance and upkeep of the mobile, grinding and screening equipment as per established guidelines;
- And of course, working safely everyday, along with keeping the safety of others at the forefront!
Is this role for you?
- You’re seeking a role which involves operating heavy equipment (1 year of front end loader operation experience preferred);
- You are a high school graduate or possess a GED;
- You have the physical ability to safely climb in and out of equipment, to lift 65 pounds, sit for long periods of time and work in varying weather conditions and in a dusty and dirty environment;
- You prefer day shift, but have the flexibility to work other shifts and the occasional weekend if required;
- You have the ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment and contributing to team goals;
- You have a basic mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning.
What’s in it for you? (other than a career opportunity with a cool and progressive company!)
- Extremely competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision. Note that you become eligible for these benefits on YOUR FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
- 401K with company match;
- Paid vacation as well as annual sick time allowance;
- Health and Wellness Programs;
- Furnished PPE including work shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, raingear and annual safety shoe purchase.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!