- Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Accounting, Finance and Administration
Have you ever thought of joining a company where technological innovations go beyond your imagination and where you can participate in accounting operations involving projects to support the goal of helping feed the world? Your Accounting Technician career can now move to the next level, as you will collaborate with a world-class team!
This position that we offer within our Administration and Finance team at Premier Tech (Prairie Engineering) in Johnston, Iowa may be exactly what you are looking for! This role is for an entry-level professional in general accounting, who works under close supervision. Your role will provide support to the accounting and administrative team on several levels.
Here is the proposed challenge:
- This is a highly involved position that will help to produce monthly financial statements, review project profitability, and produce variance analyses;
- Of course, you will assist in month-end close, monthly journal entries and reconciliations of general ledger accounts;
- Variety will prevail as you learn all functions of the administrative process including accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- You will participate in the preparation of annual budgets, financial forecasts, ad hoc reporting and special projects as requested;
- You will communicate variances and findings to management;
- You will use your education in internal controls, accounting procedures and GAAP as you participate in this business units reporting;
- You will also have the chance to support some other projects to improve general administrative tasks.
Are you the one we are looking for if?
- You are ready to take on a role as a value-added Accounting Technician;
- You consider yourself a strong multitasker and a role with a lot of versatility does not intimidate you;
- You like to identify and share ideas for continuous improvement;
- You are a team person and you like to invest in projects at different levels.