Automation Start-Up Technician
- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Engineering and Design
You’ve always dreamed of travelling while working? On a daily basis, you really enjoy learning new things and moving, rather than sitting in front of a computer? As a world-class leader industrial packaging equipment manufacturer, we are constantly seeking new team members to join the Premier Tech team and help us sustain our growth. Thanks to your knowledge in the mechanical, electrical and automation fields, you could become our next Automation Installation & Commissioning Startup technician.
The word “Start-up” carries the meaning of Bringing Into Motion; Bringing To Life -- this is exactly what a Start-Up Technician with Premier Tech does!
As an Automation Startup Technician, you will perform in-house set-up and testing of material handling equipment (Valve Packers, Conveyors, Robots, System Integration) in our Salt Lake City, Utah facility. After a successful equipment demonstration to our customer at our facility, you will perform the field startup at the customers’ site.
BEING AN AUTOMATION I&C STARTUP TECHNICIAN WITH PT MEANS YOU WILL…
- Take part in the start-up of the industrial packaging equipment designed in our facilities, before it leaves for customer’s locations;
- Perform tests and verify the proper functioning of equipment;
- Install equipment at customers’ locations according to safety norms and established corporate procedures;
- Perform initial start-ups for installed equipment;
- Be an instructor and a mentor to train customers on the proper operation of the equipment;
- Do major and non-standard equipment installations at customers' sites;
- Visit customers sites on a regular basis in North America and overseas in order to ensure the effective functioning of the equipment and find solutions in collaboration with the engineering team, as well as promoting preventive maintenance and training services to customers. Travel is typically 90% of the time.
IS THIS ROLE FOR YOU?
- You have a 2-year technical or a 4-year college degree in a related technical field;
- You are passionate about new technology such as Vision Systems and Motion Controls;
- You are comfortable around PLCs, HMIs, and Robotic Automation for the purposes of troubleshooting and performing edits. Even better if you have some programming skills!
- You excel in diagnosing and resolving problems with industrial automation equipment and system;
- You speak the language of mechanical and electrical drawings and floor layouts;
- You are successful at working alone or in a team!
- People would describe you as someone who provides an outstanding customer service;
- Your teaching and coaching skills are on point, as you will provide training to the customers;
- Resourcefulness and Drive are part of your DNA.
If this challenge appeals to you and you are ready for the PT adventure, then we can’t wait to receive your resume!